Estate Planning Law Office of Mary Alice Gwynn, PA
Providing Personal, Caring Estate Planning Service To All Of South Florida.

The Decedent Owed Me Money How Do I File A Claim Against The Estate?

View More FAQ Videos


First of all, I would seek the advice of an estate planning attorney, because there is a process of filing a claim against a decedent's estate. When I say decedent, I mean the deceased person. There's a form that you can file with the probate clerk as long as that probate is still open, you have not received a notice to creditors, or it's within the period of time allowed for creditors to file claims.
In Florida, you as a creditor, if there's not an estate open, you have a right as a creditor to open estate to seek payment from that deceased person's estate. Again, I would recommend you seeking the advice of an estate planning attorney that could guide you in this area.

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy